SUSTAINABLE URBAN TRANSPORT PROJECT
Sustainable Transport Africa received a certificate for having participated in the "Sustainable Urban Transport Project (SUTP)" training held in Dakar, Senegal on 12th December, 2013.
The training program was supported by the "Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH" who along with SUTP aim to develop the capacity of transport stakeholders in a city and hence help the city achieve its sustainable transport goals.
The training program disseminates information , best practices and international experience to cities. This training takes place in combination with the dissemination of GIZ's urban transport Sourcebook and other developed materials.
Some of the course content includes:
- Mass Transit Operations
- Non-motorised Transport
- Public Awareness and Behaviour Change in Sustainable Transport
- Bus Regulation and Planning
- Bus Rapid Transit Planning Guide
- Cycling-inclusive Policy Development
- Transportation Demand Management
- Financing Urban Transport